Always a family favourite, this recipe uses a can of creamed corn. But is is equally delicious if you have fresh corn cut off the cob or canned whole corn.
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 450 can creamed corn
2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl
- Add the egg and milk and mix to combine
- Stir in the corn and leave the batter for 15 -30 minutes (if you have time). This allows the mixture to take in some air before cooking so the cooked fritters will be light and easy to eat
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot, drop tablespoonfuls of mixture on to the pan.
- Cook until golden brown then turn and cook the flip side.Drain on paper towels and serve hot with plain yoghurt, or tomato salsa or your favourite chutney or relish.
Corn fritters are also a favourite brunch dish.